Lawyer for the Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF)
The Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF) was established in 2004 to provide credit to Iraqi small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) for projects that generate employment and economic growth.
IMMDF is looking for a Lawyer based in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq. Reporting to IMMDF’s General Manager, the Lawyer will be responsible for:
- A. Overall responsibilities:
- To address all legal issues related to originating, structuring, monitoring and, if required, restructuring and collecting, IMMDF’s loans;
- To address all legal issues related to complying with contractual provisions in IMMDF’s funding facilities, and with United States and Iraqi legislation and regulations.
Travel within Kurdistan should be expected. No travel to Baghdad or the south of Iraq required.
- B. Specific activities:
- To carry out the necessary legal due diligence and to address all legal issues related to credit assessments for existing and potential IMMDF’s loans, including alternatives to mitigate or transfer risks;
- To contribute to draft credit proposals;
- To prepare, negotiate, and distribute, internally and externally, loan documentation;
- To implement loan closings and disbursements in coordination with Loan Officers;
- To monitor and, if necessary, enforce, borrowers’ compliance with loan contractual provisions;
- To address all legal aspects of administrative issues at any of IMMDF’s offices in Iraq;
- To contribute to develop, update and implement, from a legal perspective, IMMDF’s credit and other policies, procedures, strategies and practices;
- Other related activities requested by the General Manager.
- C. Required skills
- Law degree from a United States or European university
- Substantial banking or financial experience at a law firm or legal department of a financial institution
- Good knowledge of United States legislation and regulations applicable to United States funded development financial institutions
- Understanding of Arabic is a plus
- Excellent English writing and organizational abilities, interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural workplace, while keeping a strong sense of purpose, method and direction
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations, ref: Lawyer, to firstname.lastname@example.org.