Loan Officer for the Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF)
The Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF) was established in 2004 to provide credit to Iraqi small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) for projects that generate employment and economic growth.
IMMDF is looking for a Loan Officer based in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq. Reporting to IMMDF’s Portfolio Manager, the Loan Officer will be responsible for:
- identifying, developing, submitting to the Portfolio Manager, structuring and contributing to implement, if approved, qualifying credit projects in Iraq;
- assisting the Senior Credit Officer in managing a portfolio of loans to Iraqi SME, including, but not limited to, monitoring the performance of loans, compliance with loan agreements, loan payments and collections.
Substantial travel within Kurdistan should be expected. No travel to Baghdad required.
- Take the necessary actions to identify, develop, structure, implement, if approved, qualifying credit projects, including loan closings and disbursements, and to monitor borrowers’ performance and compliance with loan agreements;
- · Explain terms, conditions and procedures of IMMDF loans to potential borrowers and assist them in completing loan applications;
- Prepare and submit proposals for qualifying credit projects to the Portfolio Manager, with a recommendation, negotiating with potential borrowers the terms of IMMDF’s loans as instructed by the Portfolio Manager;
- Visit sites and conduct meetings with existing and potential borrowers to carry out credit and risk assessments, to verify the financial information and activities of their companies and to assess the skills and experience of business managers;
- Create financial models using MS Excel to project financial statements and perform ratio analysis;
- Contribute to develop the credit and risk assessment skills of IMMDF’s local staff in Kurdistan;
- Other related activities requested by the Portfolio Manager.
Main skills required
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, accounting or related field (MBA preferred#;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional bank lending experience, including lending to SMEs in emerging markets #experience in Iraq preferred#;
- Strong math and computer skills #Word and Excel), including financial analysis and modeling;
- Understanding of Arabic is a plus
- Excellent English writing and organizational abilities, interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural workplace, while keeping a strong sense of purpose, method and direction
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations, ref: Loan Officer, to firstname.lastname@example.org.