Project Director - Tanzania DOL Child Labor Project
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF is seeking a Chief of Party/Project Director for a proposed 4-year, $10 million Department of Labor-funded project to combat child labor in Tanzania. This project will reduce child labor in Tanzania through an area-based approach in geographic areas where there is a prevalence of child labor in agriculture production and domestic service. It will work with local entities and build on existing efforts to reduce the worst forms of child labor, including programs to protect orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), increase access to education and promote economic opportunities for Tanzanian households most vulnerable to the worst forms of child labor.
The Project Director will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project; oversee planning, implementation and management of the project; serve as key liaison with the donor, host government, and implementing partners; and ensure proper reporting, financial management and compliance.
- Advanced degree in education, international development, or a related field required
- 5+ years of international development program management experience on similarly sized multi-year US government-funded projects in the position of Chief of Party/Project Director; demonstrated knowledge and use of program design, management, and project monitoring tools
- Experience and familiarity with USDOL policies, procedures, and requirements
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with all project stakeholders, including coalition building and promotion of public-private partnerships
- Significant technical experience in the areas of child labor; additional technical experience in education, livelihoods, social protection, institutional capacity building, and/or other relevant fields
- Prior experience in Tanzania and/or regional experience in East Africa
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Second language experience preferred; knowledge of local languages preferred but not required