Finance Manager – Anticipated Kosovo Program for Non-Majority Communities Project
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities CHF International is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Non-Majority Communities Project in Kosovo. The project has been designed to foster non-majority communities’ participation in Kosovo’s institutions and society. The objectives of this project are to:
- Create tangible and sustainable avenues for constructive partnership between: (a) non-majority and majority communities; and (b) the Government of Kosovo (GoK) and non-majority communities, to enable long-term inter-ethnic interaction and ensure that the key needs of non-majority communities are met
- Improve economic opportunities in targeted municipalities
- Increase the efficiency and capacity of targeted municipal administrations to respond to the needs of all their citizens
The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing accounting and financial oversight for project activities. Responsibilities will include preparing financial statements and projections; developing and analyzing budgets; ensuring compliance with all USAID regulations and requirements; liaising with CHF headquarters and field staff, and with partners and international donors; providing technical assistance and troubleshooting to site offices; conducting financial market risk assessments; and contributing technical support for reporting.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA preferred.
- 7-10 years experience in a finance management role on complex international development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage finances for a complex program in a challenging environment for an international non-government organization.
- Previous experience working on US government-funded programs.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Previous experience working in Kosovo
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian required; knowledge of Albanian preferred.