Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - Liberia DOL Child Labor Project
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for a proposed 4-year, $6 million Department of Labor-funded project to combat child labor in the rubber growing areas of Liberia. This project will promote improved policies to address child labor in rubber producing areas and enhanced monitoring and enforcement of such policies, with a focus on company-owned or operated rubber plants. The project will also support the direct delivery of services to children actively engaged in or at-risk of various forms of child labor and their households in communities where livelihoods are largely dependent on smallholder rubber production.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the principle monitoring and evaluation activities for the program. In particular, s/he will be responsible for: implementing and updating the Performance Management Plan to ensure consistent data collection and management; managing the data collection process to include schedules, logistics and methodologies in coordination with data collection teams and consultants; analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data; reporting on activities, accomplishments and results for USDOL deliverables; and ensuring that lessons learned influence future program selection, design and implementation. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also act as the liaison and point of contact between the project and a USDOL external evaluation contractor.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership position responsible for implementing project monitoring and evaluation activities, including DBMS
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of international development projects or one year of monitoring and evaluation experience combined with an advanced degree in statistics, public policy, economics, or a related field
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies, database management, and familiarity with impact evaluation or similar research methodologies; knowledge of GPRA preferred
- Additional desired experience monitoring and evaluating child and forced labor reduction programs; experience with data collection from private firms; experience with data collection in agricultural supply chains, including at the farm level
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Second language experience preferred; knowledge of local languages preferred but not required