Senior Management Systems Advisor (Institutional Development) – Ghana RING
CHF International’s mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low-and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
CHF International is seeking a Senior Management Systems Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) program. The aim of the program is to improve the livelihoods and nutritional status of vulnerable households in targeted communities in the Northern Region of Ghana. Project activities will focus on increasing consumption of diverse quality foods, especially among women and children; improving behaviors related to nutrition and hygiene of women and young children; strengthening the capacity of local support networks (with a particular focus on Regional Coordinating Councils (RCC) and District Assembly (DA) staff and systems) to address the needs of vulnerable households.
The Senior Management Systems Advisor will be responsible for providing technical advice on the development, implementation and refinement of the management systems (which include planning, budgeting, financial management, supervision, implementation, human resources, and M&E) at the Northern Regional Coordinating Council (NRCC) and District Assembly (DA) levels to ensure that they are responsive to the issues and needs related to food insecurity and under-nutrition among vulnerable households and communities.
- Master’s degree in international development, agriculture, economics, public health, nutrition or a related field of study;
- Minimum 8 years or more advising government counterparts in developing and using management systems to support programming at the community level;
- 2-3 years experience working with decentralized government structures preferably in Africa;
- Or a Bachelor’s Degree with 12 years similar experience;
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one or more technical areas relevant to this program: agriculture, nutrition, public health, food security or livelihoods;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with government officials and leaders at national and local levels, local NGO and community organizations, and donor community
- Excellent interpers;onal skills and strong writing and administrative skills required;
- Prior experience working on donor-funded development projects in Ghana or West Africa and experience working on USAID funded projects preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.