LOAN OFFICER in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq
The Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF) was established in 2004 to promote economic development and employment in Iraq by providing credit to qualifying Iraqi small and medium size enterprises that are unable to secure financing on commercially reasonable terms (“SME”).
IMMDF is looking for a Loan Officer based in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq. Reporting to IMMDF’s Portfolio Manager in Erbil, the Loan Officer will be responsible for:
- Identify, develop, and submit to the Portfolio Manager, structuring and contributing to implement, if approved, qualifying credit projects in Iraq;
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in managing a portfolio of loans to Iraqi SME, including, but not limited to, carrying out credit and risk assessments, monitoring the performance of loans, compliance with loan agreements, loan payments and collections.
- Substantial travel within Kurdistan should be expected. No travel to Baghdad required.
- Take the necessary actions, including, but not limited to, travel in Kurdistan as required, to identify, develop, structure, implement, if approved, qualifying credit projects, including loan closings and disbursements, and to monitor borrowers’ performance and compliance with loan agreements;
- Explain terms, conditions and procedures of IMMDF loans to potential borrowers and assist them in the completion of loan applications;
- Prepare and submit proposals for qualifying credit projects to the Portfolio Manager, with a recommendation, negotiating with potential borrowers the terms of IMMDF’s loans as instructed by the Portfolio Manager;
- Visit sites and conduct meetings with existing and potential borrowers to carry out credit and risk assessments, to verify the financial information and activities of their companies and to assess the skills and experience of business managers;
- Create financial models using MS Excel to project financial statements and perform ratio analysis;
- Contribute to develop the credit and risk assessment skills of IMMDF’s local staff in Kurdistan;
- Other related activities requested by the Portfolio Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, accounting or related field (MBA preferred);
- A minimum of 10 years of professional bank lending experience, including lending to SMEs in emerging markets (experience in Iraq preferred);
- Strong math and computer skills, including financial analysis and modeling;
- Excellent English writing and organizational abilities, interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international, multi-cultural workplace.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations, ref: Loan Officer, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3/31/12.