Program Manager - Haiti Apparel Center
CHF International's mission is to be a catalyst for long-lasting positive change in low- and moderate-income communities around the world, helping them to improve their social, economic and environmental conditions.
The Haitian apparel sector used to employ 125,000 workers, estimated now to be around 25,000. CHF International is investing close to $3 million towards the creation of the Haiti Apparel Center (HAC). HAC will train 2,000 graduates annually to meet the increased market demand for trained sewing operators. CHF will also create an Industrial Service Center within HAC that will assist small and medium sized companies to provide “full-package service” to international apparel firms on their own, thus adding more value to their operations and making HAC a more sustainable model.
CHF International is seeking a Program Manager for a high profile position to oversee the institutionalization of the Haiti Apparel Center. The PM will oversee the creation of the HAC as a separate legal entity; raise the capacity of the local management team to successfully lead the HAC into a self-sufficient future; and identify market demand and future trends and plan accordingly. Under the leadership of the PM, HAC is anticipated to be an independent and self-sustainable institution by September 2011.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Minimum five years of project management experience working with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary staff in an NGO. Overseas experience required.
- Demonstrated experience managing programs within the apparel sector.
- Proven experience in capacity building and workforce development.
- Knowledge of USAID programs, rules and regulations is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or Haitian Creole required.